The School of Global Access is undertaking a pilot project to create post-TESL courses for ELL practitioners.
All Alberta ELL practitioners are invited to participate in these upcoming professional development courses:
- ESL Literacy Material Design
- Strategies for Teaching Refugees
- Teaching in Multilevel Contexts
- Inclusive Teaching Practices
- Teaching English for the Workplace
Each course is designed to deepen subject matter knowledge, enhance instructional skills, and encourage connection amongst Alberta ELL practitioners. This pilot project is funded by the Government of Alberta.
Each four-week course is:
- Cohort-based & fully online
- Delivered asynchronously, with two synchronous webinars
- Facilitated by subject matter experts
- Offered at no cost to Alberta ELL practitioners
- Applicable to a variety of contexts, including LINC
Course participants are evaluated based on the completion of course activities, discussion board posts, and assignments. Assignments will be graded in accordance with rubrics. In order to pass the course, you must participate in 100% of the course activities, successfully complete all the assignments, and attend both webinars.
Participants who successfully complete four of the five courses will be eligible for a certificate.
For more information, view the poster and visit the ELL Training Network
To register, contact email@example.com
- Previous Story CRTP Career Tips for Internationally Trained Professionals
- Next Story Online LINC