Bow Valley College is home to an extraordinary team of highly skilled ELL instructors. Their diversity of educational backgrounds, classroom experience and specific areas of ELL expertise collectively form a rich resource within the college.
Tapping into this resource has become a regular practice at the onset of each term, when instructors host professional development sessions for one another and share new ideas, promising practices, and showcase exceptional work that they do each day.
Example of topics covered this past year include:
- Cultivating Inclusion and Belonging
- Emotional Geographies: Landscape, Memory & Identity
- Fun Speaking Activities
- Selecting Reading Materials: Curation Process across CLB Stages
- Incorporating Movement, Placemaking, and “Loci” in your Classes
- Running with Scissors: Using Colour to Organize a Paragraph
Sharing ELL expertise and knowledge beyond the walls of the college, as contributors to the field of ELL, is also important to Bow Valley College. Many of our instructors share their expertise within the ELL community on a regular basis through conference presentations, webinars, and ATESL workshops, as well as on the School of Global Access website.