A Practical Guide to Teaching ESL Literacy is a useful and in-depth resource for ESL literacy practitioners. The resource can support both instructors with dedicated classes of ESL literacy learners and instructors who have ESL literacy learners mixed with non-literacy learners.
This resource introduces a Framework of Literacy Skills for Adult ESL Literacy Learners, which outlines the skills for the development of literacy. The resource also explores effective approaches to teaching adult ESL literacy learners.
A Practical Guide to Teaching ESL Literacy includes:
- An Introduction to ESL Literacy
- The Framework of Literacy Skills for Adult ESL Literacy Learners
- Creating an Effective Learning Environment
- Planning Instruction
- Approaches to Teaching Oral Language Skills
- Approaches to Teaching Literacy Skills
- Materials and Resources