With funding from Alberta Open Educational Resources, Bow Valley College and NorQuest College collaborated to create Open Educational Resources (OER) in the form of e-textbooks for English language learners.
Bow Valley College created In the Workplace: An Intermediate Integrated Skills Textbook. This OER:
- has a focus on the workplace in Canada
- gives you practice in the four main language skills - listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- helps you learn about some aspects of Canadian workplace culture
- helps you develop some important essential skills
- can be used as an online textbook with interactive activities or downloaded, printed and used as a regular textbook
The textbook is aimed at Canadian Language Benchmarks levels 5/6 and has been designed to be facilitated by an instructor.